The awards event helps to raise funds for the Merseyside Women of the Year Legacy Awards and Variety - The Children's Charity.
Since 2011 the Legacy awards have supported the following;
- Overall Merseyside Woman of The Year Winners Cheque.
- LJMU Student Bursaries in the following years 2012, 2013, 2014.
- Raising funds for Radio City Cash for Kids in 2014, 2015, 2016.
- Donation to charity ‘Dying to Keep Warm’.
- Donations to ‘Liverpool Signing Choir’.
- Merseyside Women of the Year networking events; 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- All Special and Runner Up awards presented at the MWOTY events.
- E3 business Awards – Outstanding Woman in Business award 2014, 2015, 2016.
- Merseyside Independent Business Awards 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 – Networking events.
- All Finalists receive free tickets to each annual MWOTY event.
- Clatterbridge Cancer Research.
- Claire House Children's Hospice.
- Seaforth Food Bank.
- NEO Community Café.